So the kids and I were downstairs cleaning up the playroom and we were all most finished when I decided I needed to put a load of laundry into the dryer. I was gone 5 minutes. When I started to come down the stairs Ben tried to block me from going into the playroom....never a good sign. I got passed him and he immediately ran upstairs to hide. So I braced myself for something bad. At first I didn't see it and then there it was... a tennis ball sized hole in the little school house. I look at the hole closer and I can see all the way through it. So I look inside the house and gasp. There was a zig zag hole about a foot and 1/2 long!
And I'm thinking how did he create such a huge hole? Well remember the bathroom rod? He had found a dum dum sucker stick (Emily gets them for keeping her panties dry all day.) and had unlocked the bathroom door with it and retrevied the rod. He then bent it like a crow bar and started to hack away from the inside.
When he would finally talk to me about what happened. (Whenever he's done something bad he always says, "I don't want to talk about that right now." And will walk away.) He told me he was a construction guy and he needed to look inside the wall to see what it looked like....in case there were any mice or animals inside that needed to get out.
We've now discussed just asking me first and we will look it up on the internet to see how something is made or how something works.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
A Boy's version of playing 'house'
Posted by Sunny at 3:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congratulations, brava of the year. Good job holding it together, Sunny.
Yeah Ben is the 2008 winner.
Oh snap, BEAT DOWN!
Post a Comment