Emily pulled out a little Halloween stamper from her pocket about an hour after arriving home from the Party store. At first she said it "Snuck into her pocket" and with further probing she said she got it at school...Which I almost believed because they do come home with little toys like that.... But my interrogating skills clicked in and I probed further.
I asked, "Are you sure it didn't come from somewhere else." She then changed her story to "Ummm I got it from my class at Church." Which immediately made my heart sink and I knew my little girl had stolen it from the store. I told her it was better to tell the truth and go and pay for it, than to lie and get into big trouble. Which is when Ben decided to sing..."She stole it from the store, she stole it from the store...she's going to jail." Despite Ben's threats...Emily confessed that she had picked it up off the floor of the store and put it in her pocket. So then of course, we had to drive all the way back down to the Party store where Emily and I explained to the cashier what happened and that she was ready to pay for it. Emily paid the 39 cents out of her own money and the cashier thanked her for being honest.
Hopefully this little life lesson sticks with her the next time she's tempted to sneak something into her pocket.
Saturday, September 19, 2009
"The Toy Snuck In My Pocket."
Posted by Sunny at 6:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I know it's not funny, but it made me laugh. Particularly Ben's song.
I remember the day I stole a necklace from JC Penny. Of course my mom found out and we had to drive straight back. It was the most embarassing moment to go back and appologize to the clerk and give the necklace back. My mom didn't let me buy it...she made me really suffer!!!! I will always remember that day...and I never stole anything again! I think little emily learned her leason.
I'm with Amber....it's not funny but it sure did make me laugh with your little helper in the background making sure the truth be told. That is so my life right now...too many helpers...smile.
With a face like that, how can you get too mad? Good lesson learned.
Post a Comment